Intervention of the Deputy Regional Minister of Education, Lifelong Learning and Employment, Giannis Kritikou, σχετικά με τη λειτουργία του Προεδρείου του Περιφερειακού Συμβουλίου………
On the occasion of the discussion that has opened in recent days through Press Releases on the operation of the Bureau of the Regional Council, the Deputy Regional Minister of Education, Lifelong Learning and Employment, K. Giannis Kritikos stated:
“I watch in amazement the way colleagues of the faction “Alliance South Aegean” trying to devalue the institution of the Regional Council, which is democratically elected and is the highest decision-making body in the South Aegean Region. And I want to congratulate the President on her high sense of responsibility, the impeccable coordination of the discussions and the impartial attitude he maintains towards all the wings of the institution.
In the Rules of Operation of the Regional Council of the South Aegean (GG. 2548/τ.Β / 19-9-2012 and bears the signature of Mr.. Georgiou Goufa) and in Article 12 entitled ‘Discussion Process’ states:
“1. The speeches of the counselors should be as short as possible and always within the topic under discussion, to facilitate the efficiency of the work of the regional council.
- The chairman may interrupt the speaker when leaving the subject. Advises speakers to observe the required measure in their expressions and has the right to remove the speech, when the speaker and after the second remark of the chairman, continues to lengthen or speak off topic.“
- It takes audacity in order not to apply the Rules of operation of our instrument, who edited and signed the 2012 colleague of your own faction.
- It takes audacity to accuse the President of applying exactly what the Rules of Procedure say.
- It takes audacity to devalue the institution of the Regional Council with inappropriate behavior.
- It takes audacity to suggest in your suggestions others and vote for others.
- It takes audacity to declare New Democracy executives but to go down with the ballot paper supported by SY.RIZ.A.
I urge the Governor Mr.. Hatzimarkos, the worthy executives of the Regional Authority and our faction as well as our most capable collaborators to continue to do what they know very well: to support with deeds and works our beautiful islands and our proud compatriots these difficult times that the whole planet is going through. Και μη περιμένετε απολύτως τίποτα από συγκεκριμένους συμβούλους της μειοψηφίας. Δεν φτάνει που δεν προσφέρουν με πράξεις στην προσπάθειά μας, but also the few times they have been called to take a position even orally, found off topic.
Let's leave, Ladies and gentlemen of the minority, the shows and let’s work with seriousness and responsibility, as befits the elected lords of a place. Seasons are dangerous, Circumstances require subtle manipulations and History will be tough with those who do not live up to the circumstances.”
“Do not raise your voice, improve your arguments.”
Desmond Tutu [Nobel Peace Prize]