With rapid reflexes, from March until today, in the particularly difficult conditions created by the pandemic, managed to procure and deliver to all the health structures of the islands, critical equipment and medical supplies and take initiatives to enhance islanders' sense of security……
Στην κορύφωση ενός μεγάλου σχεδίου ενίσχυσης και θωράκισης του συστήματος δημόσιας υγείας στα νησιά ευθύνης της, Cyclades and Dodecanese, as well as improving the environment in which doctors and nursing staff fight every day, the South Aegean Region is heading.
Since last March, when the covid pandemic broke out - 19, the road race also started, to seek and procure, in very difficult conditions, the necessary and critical equipment and materials needed to strengthen the health structures of the islands, with own funds raised from the cut of other actions and projects, as the protection of public health has become a top priority.
Recipients of the titanic effort of the South Aegean Region, ήταν το σύνολο των δομών υγείας των νησιών, the 7 hospitals, the dozens of Health Centers , the Regional Clinics, as well as EKAB, which for all islanders is the critical dimension of the public health system, το οποίο ενισχύθηκε με εξοπλισμό που αναβαθμίζει τις επιχειρησιακές δυνατότητές του.
In addition to supply and delivery modern technological equipment and sanitary material, η Περιφέρεια Νοτίου Αιγαίου βγήκε μπροστά και με άλλες δράσεις και πρωτοβουλίες, που είχε ανάγκη η κοινωνία, ποaimed at facilitating islanders access to health services, in the particular environment formed by the pandemic, as well as consolidating a sense of security.
particularly, from last March until today, the actions and initiatives undertaken by the South Aegean Region for health, are the folowing:
A. Purchase of critical equipment for health structures from the resources of the Region:
– PCR TESTING. Purchase of seven molecular analyzers for results within one hour on COVID-19 and 30 more diseases, for the islands of Rhodes, Syros, Kos, Kalymnos, Leros, Naxos and Santorini (where there are hospitals to support the equipment). Subsequently, as the General Hospitals of Rhodes and Syros receive from the Ministry of Health molecular analyzers with great potential, the analysts procured by the Region for these Hospitals are released and transferred to Mykonos and Karpathos.
– Two state-of-the-art negative pressure cages donated to EKAB for the safe air transport of patients with infectious diseases (when EKAB had only one nationwide).
– Isolation and patient reception rooms (iso box) in Hospitals and Health Centers Rhodes, Paros, Santorini, Tinos, Karpathos, Kalymnos Milos, Mykonos, Patmos, Ios, Astypalaia.
– 28 modern respirators available to the Hospitals and Health Centers of Cyclades and Dodecanese and to EKAB.
– 4 defibrillators, portable monitoring monitors of patients' vital functions and portable respirators for use in an ambulance or helicopter at EKAB
B. Distribution of sanitary material and personal protection items (masks, protection shields, gloves, forms, antiseptics, feet, cotton, spirit, etc.) σε όλα νοσοκομεία και κέντρα υγείας των νησιών αλλά και στις μικρότερες δομές (regional clinics). indicative, reported Rhodes Hospital, EKAB Dodecanese, Kos Hospital, Kalymnos, Leros, Syros, Naxos, Santorini, Karpathos Health Center, Patmos, Paros, Tinos, Kassos Regional Clinic, Kastelorizo, Tilos, Halki, Nisyros, Astypalaia, Arkia, Lipsi, Agathonisi.
In addition to health structures, Sanitary cargoes were distributed to services and operators in critical locations, such as the Hellenic Police of Rhodes, Rhodes Fire Department, Rhodes Corps Port Authority, 95 ADTE Rhodes, Port Authority, Police, Syros Fire Department, Medical Associations.
C. Telemedicine program in collaboration with the company Dr. Button and the Medical Associations. In its first phase, the program operates with the voluntary participation of doctors, while the second is planned in which the cost of telemedicine services will be covered by resources of the Region, always free for citizens.
D. Provision of a building of the Region for the transfer from the General Hospital of Rhodes and accommodation of the Blood Donation Service, mediator of the crisis, where blood stocks had dropped alarmingly.
E. Disinfections in public services, such as Rhodes Port Authority, Rhodes Police, Fire Department, Decentralized administration, EKAB vehicles, Courts, Village squares on the island of Rhodes, Regional service buildings in the Cyclades and Dodecanese, Διευθύνσεις Πρωτοβάθμιας και Δευτεροβάθμιας Εκπαίδευσης Ρόδου.