A Memorandum of Understanding was signed today between Region N.. Aegean, French Embassy and French Institute of Greece
Καταλυτική η συμβολή της Αλίκης Μοσχή-Gauguet, Honorary Consul of France in Rhodes, thanks to the tireless efforts of which the signing of the Memorandum took place…….
Aiming at the joint organization of cultural activities, for the promotion of culture and crafts as an engine of regional development in the South Aegean region, Μνημόνιο Αλληλοκατανόησης – Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) – signed today, at the French Embassy of Greece in Athens, between the South Aegean Region, of French Institute of Greece and Cooperation and Educational Action Service of the French Embassy in Greece.
The Memorandum of Understanding was co-signed by the Ambassador of France to Greece, Patrick Maisonnave, the Region of Southern Aegean, George Hadjimarkos and the Director of the French Institute of Greece, Patrick Comoy, παρουσία της κας Alikis Moschi-Gauguet, EHonorary Consul of France in Rhodes, thanks to the tireless efforts of which the signing of the Memorandum took place. Η κα Μοσχή-Gauguet αποτελεί σταθερό και αξιόπιστο δίαυλο επικοινωνίας μεταξύ των δύο χωρών και των δύο λαών, with rich action and even more important results during her many years of service as Honorary Consul of France in Rhodes.
Παρόντες κατά την υπογραφή του Μνημονίου ήταν ακόμη η βουλευτής Κυκλάδων, Κατερίνα Μονογυιού, the Executive Secretary of the Region, Nick Papastamatiou and the special associate of the Regional Governor, Angeliki Chondromatidou.
The focus of actions and events will be Accommodation of France in Rhodes, the concession of which by the French Institute to the South Aegean Region, renewed for three years, under a second agreement signed today between the Governor of the South Aegean and the Director of the French Institute.
Central idea of the three-year Memorandum, είναι το άνοιγμα του Καταλύματος της Γαλλίας για το κοινό, through a series of activities involving lost crafts and traditional arts, όπως αργυροχρυσοχοΐα, pottery, wood carving etc., with craftsmen from Rhodes, the islands of the South Aegean and France, να εργάζονται και να εκθέτουν παράλληλα τις δημιουργίες τους, through exchanges of creators and professional craftsmen.
Alongside, through these actions, will open its doors to the public, locals and visitors, one of the most beautiful buildings, on the emblematic Knights Street, the Medieval City of Rhodes.
particularly, the Memorandum aims the formation of an appropriate framework for the development of cooperation between the two parties in the cultural field, προκειμένου να αναδειχθεί ο Πολιτισμός ως το σημείο συνάντησης των λαών και να αναδειχθεί και αυτή η πλευρά της ταυτότητας και της προσωπικότητας της Περιφέρειας Νοτίου Αιγαίου μέσα από συνένωση δυνάμεων με διεθνή χαρακτήρα.
Consequently, the French Institute of Greece and the South Aegean Region agree, within the limits and resources of each, collaborate on cultural event planning with an emphasis on culture, promotion of handicrafts.
– to work for the promotion of handicrafts and culture as an engine of regional development in the South Aegean region·
– to develop the local economic potential of the cultural sector, including in particular the craft sector·
– participate in an ambitious local cultural governance project, encouraging coordination between the various institutional partners and civil society actors.
Το Γαλλικό Ινστιτούτο Ελλάδος αναλαμβάνει την υποχρέωση:
- to provide non-profit the Accommodation of France in Rhodes, as a workshop for artists in accommodation dedicated to ceramics and design.
- to coordinate, to shape and publish this artistic stay.
- to participate and invest in the dynamics of the creation of a handicraft center in the South Aegean Region.
- to promote innovation and exchanges between creators and professionals in the field of ceramics.
- to utilize the traditional know-how of the South Aegean Region, creating bridges between art, crafts and design.
The South Aegean Region undertakes :
– the care for the configuration in the Accommodation of France, of the appropriate environment for the hospitality of artists from the field of handicrafts with special emphasis on ceramics and design.
– the design and implementation of an event program to promote crafts, such as meetings, laboratories, conferences and exhibitions.
– the publication of the program of events for the promotion of handicrafts focusing on the Accommodation of France.
– the allocation of financial and human resources to support and ensure the success of the project.