"Cooperation": The terms and conditions of shift work. The amendment for the enactment of the mechanism. What does it provide for a work allowance and a Christmas present?. Taking measures to financially support seasonal workers and other related provisions…..
The changes in the work that will start to be implemented next month are sweeping, in the context of the implementation of the employment mechanism "SYN-ERGASIA".
From 15 June to 15 October The "SYN-ERGASIA" mechanism will be active and the reduction of the working hours will be done per week.
The mechanism only applies to those who work under a full-time contract at the time the amendment is published in the Official Gazette..
Private sector employers-employers, included in the mechanism "SYN-ERGASIA", may reduce weekly working time by up to 50%, either for part or all of their employees, depending on their operational needs.
OR Reduction of weekly working time does not result in conversion of the employment contract employees included in the mechanism, for the period of time that the employer-employers make use of the measure.
The terms and conditions of inclusion in the mechanism are as follows:
-All companies in the country have the right to participate in the mechanism, regardless of Activity Code Number (CAR), showing a drop in turnover as follows:
-For June, turnover drop at least 20% cumulatively for the months of March and April.
-For July, turnover drop at least 20% cumulatively for the months of March, April and May.
-For August, turnover drop at least 20% cumulatively for the months of March, April, May and June.
-For September, turnover drop at least 20% cumulatively for the months of March, April, May, June and July.
The επιχειρήσεις είναι υποχρεωμένες να δηλώνουν κάθε μήνα τους εργαζόμενους που θέτουν σε καθεστώς μειωμένης απασχόλησης and previous year's turnover data.
Then the above data will be compared with the corresponding period of the previous three years, to determine the fall in turnover, while the weight will be given to 2019.
In the case of companies that recently opened, will be compared with the turnover data of the previous months, available. But also businesses that are operating for the first time and have not recorded revenue in recent months,will be eligible to participate.
– Funding for the "Co-Work" program will be through the SURE program funding tool, which in the first phase for Greece corresponds to 1,4 billion. euro.
– The employer will have the right to limit the working time of the full-time employee up to 50%, without changing the employment relationship.
– The state budget will support the employee himself for the time he is not working, covering 60% of his fee, corresponding to this period.
-This fee is not restricted upwards, while, in case the net fee, after adjustment, is less than the minimum wage, this difference will be fully covered by the state.
– All existing full-time employees of these companies will be able to participate in the scheme..
– For seasonal businesses, All full-time employees will be eligible to participate, up to the number of full-time employees in the same month last year.
– It is forbidden to change the employment relationship from part-time to full.
– All insurance contributions will be covered by the employer 100% provided for in the employment contract.
– As long as the employee is on reduced employment, the employer is not allowed to terminate the employment contract nor to reduce the amount of the employee's salary.