The weekly briefing on the course of the coronavirus in Greece was made this Tuesday by the Deputy Minister of Civil Protection Nikos Hardalias while with him was the Deputy Minister of Health Vassilis Kontozamanis………
According to Nikos Hardalias the 83% of cases in Greece are domestic and have been caused by non-action in synchronization areas.
"We are not relaxing the measures. The transmission is due to domestic traffic and non-compliance. Distance measures must be strictly adhered to, masks, hygiene measures, hours "added the Deputy Minister of Civil Protection.
Mr.. Hardalias said that according to the PLF system, the recorded positive imported cases are 615 over 319.000 controls at the entrance gates, of which they passed over 2 million. people
The Undersecretary of Civil Protection also announced that there will be a special protocol for workplaces in the coming days as well as timely information for schools.. He confirmed that special preparations are being made for the schools as well, and insisted in particular on the observance of protection measures in general, pointing out that we can not relax.
The main points of the information of Mr.. Hardalias
- We are still at a good epidemiological level, compared to other countries.
- For Paros / Antiparos: The non-announcement of a specific number of cases per island is done so that they are not targeted.
- There are some who are detected positive in their place of residence, but tracking leads to areas found before [B.C. for vacation].
- The situation is under complete control.
- You need not panic.
- Checks continue on both islands.
- All cases are reported. No laboratory will risk losing its license or being prosecuted.
- In every corner of our country, Civil Protection has a complete picture and does what is necessary to ensure the health of citizens.
- Absolutely not, Tourism is not responsible for the increase in cases in Greece
- 83% of cases are domestic and are associated with mass gathering places
- The transmission of the virus, as the data show, due to mass traffic and non-compliance with the measures
- There will be special information on the opening of schools
- We are very far from local locks.
- In metropolitan areas no restrictions can be made at the municipal level.
- In the Greece of fame and fake news we should all be very careful, for topics used to create an agenda. Why should anyone hide cases; No case is hidden.
- Imagine each laboratory announcing its own data; There are no other number of cases, except for the number announced daily by EODY.
Vassilis Kontozamanis announced 400 hospital admissions from September. He also mentioned that they are created 50 new ICUs.
"Since the beginning of September, they have been part of the ICU 1.650 professional nurses to acquire a specialty in intensive care and 600 health nurses. There is an adequacy of materials. Inventories are created through competitions, donations, etc. " added the Deputy Minister of Health.
The main points of Mr. Kontozamanis' briefing
- We have dealt with the epidemic successfully & we returned to normal having shielded the health system.
- They will be announced in early September 400 new positions of various specialties for ICUs throughout the country
- Recruitments will be made 1.650 nurses
- The availability of health personnel throughout the country is fully adequate
- The number of reporting hospitals for coronavirus cases is increasing
- From the 901 available ICUs in the country, the 186 are available for covid19 treatment at this time and will increase if needed
- Today [in GREECE] are made >12.000 coronavirus test / day
- In total they have been made approximately 750.000 test.
- There is an agreement to supply the Oxford University vaccine at the end of December.
- Every day EODY as a competent body announces all the cases of the country and the epidemiological report. No one can even speculate, nor distort the image, or disturb data
- From the first day he provided complete and responsible information
- We did not hide anything. The relationship of honesty with the citizens will not be broken
- Inside the pandemic we are building the new health system
- We act with the aim of protecting their health,
- We do not leave anyone behind
- There is a plan to prioritize the teams that will get the vaccine first [when he comes to Greece]
- For health check-ups returning from vacation: Clear instruction: whoever returns from leave must do a molecular test
- Whether it is 8 or 10 times more cases than reported are speculation.
- We have not refused anyone to take a test, which I remind you is free.
- Imagine each laboratory announcing its own data; There are no other number of cases, except for the number announced daily by EODY. The Undersecretary of Health replied, end, in posts that, he said, "They falsely state that we are hiding cases. Every day EODY as a competent body announces all the cases of the country and the corresponding epidemiological report.
No one can either speculate or distort the real picture. What is written about serving interests I consider unworthy of comment. So far we have succeeded because we provided complete and responsible information. We did not hide anything and we will not do it.