Deputy Minister of Civil Protection Nikos Hardalias announced the new measures for the coronavirus, as the spread has reached alarming proportions and several areas are in the red with cases constantly increasing. In fact, he made a special reference to the young people, appealing to them to observe the measures……..
As Kyriakos Mitsotakis had announced earlier, Nikos Hardalias announced the following new measures to stop the coronavirus epidemic:
- In epidemiologically affected areas, as the 24 August limit 50 people at social events, except restaurants, theaters, cinema.
- Closing of dining and entertainment areas by 12 at night until 7 in the morning in Attica and all the islands of the Saronic Gulf and Kythira
- Special measures in Paros and Antiparos. From tomorrow morning at 6 events are prohibited, concentrations above 9 people, in the dining areas there is a ceiling 4 people unless it is a family whose threshold rises to 6 people, mandatory use of mask everywhere indoors and outdoors. The shops will close on 12.
- Extension of measures in Poros until 24 August.
- Mandatory use of masks in camps and social solidarity structures and migrants.
- Those returning from leave to nursing homes, in migrant structures and camps must be tested for coronavirus.
- Members of high-risk families working in the public or private sector will work part-time.
- Recommendation for using a mask everywhere for those returning from holidays from areas with heavy epidemiological data.
Furthermore, From today 14 August and until 24 In August, the operation of health interest stores is prohibited from midnight until 7 in the morning:
- in the Regions of Attica, Crete and Eastern Macedonia and Thrace,
- in the Regional Units of Thessaloniki, Halkidiki, Larissa and Corfu and
- in the Municipalities of Mykonos, Paros, Santorini, Volos, Κατερίνης, Rhodes, Antiparos, Zakynthos and Kos.
This decision includes activities:
a. restaurant services and mobile catering units / KAD 56.10,
b. beverage service / KAD 56.30,
c. catering for events (catering)/CAR 56.21,
d. estate for events (weddings and related)/CAR 93.29.11.03 and
e. organizing recreational events (weddings and related)/CAR 93.29.19.01.
Delivery and take away services are excluded from the restriction, without sale of alcohol.
In case of violation, imposed administrative fine 10.000 euro, while in case second offense suspension for 20 days.
The new measures will obviously be monitored for their implementation, just as with existing ones. Not with a persecutor, punitive or other disposition, but because only with the consistent implementation of the measures will we be able to avoid the worst. The inspections will be intensified in the next 24 hours.