Everything changes in driving licenses!! The 10+1 change!! Examination recording with cameras, the instructor will sit in the back seat during the practical test of the candidate drivers, lessons from 17….
An integrated framework that will "transform" the training and examination of drivers for the driving license was presented at the cabinet by the Minister of Infrastructure and Transport Costas Karamanlis and the Deputy Minister Giannis Kefalogiannis.
The goals of the Bill, as the Minister explained, They are 3:
1. Strengthening road safety.
2. The driver will be better prepared to get out on the road, from the moment he gets his driver's license.
3. To put a "brake" on corruption.
The Bill brings significant changes, in particular in the process of driving licenses, as, for example, the instructor will sit in the back seat during the practical test of the candidate drivers, while there will be a strict identity check, so that no one can take exams in someone else's place.
For the first time even, young people from their age 17 years will be able to start theoretical and practical driving lessons. However, the candidate driver will have the right to participate in the practical test for obtaining a diploma after completing the 18th year of his age..
With this Bill, as stressed by Mr.. Karamanlis, a transparent examination system will be structured, while ensuring the integrity of the process.
patents driving: The 10+1 change
The 10+1 Changes in driving licenses promoted by the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport are as follows:
1. Identity check, in two stages and using electronic media, to the standards of gov.gr.
2. Sampling of identity of candidate drivers: The photo of the Candidate Examination Card will be crossed with a digital photo, which will be taken upon entry of the candidate at the examination center, from a camera that will be mounted specifically for this purpose. In this way the well-known phenomenon of a person different from the candidate coming to the exams is dealt with.
3. The practical test of the candidates will be carried out an examiner, who will now be sitting in the front passenger seat, while the instructor will be sitting in the back seat. This stops the phenomenon of the trainer interfering in the way the candidate is driving, during the examination.
4. To ensure transparency, the reliability and wider control of practical examinations, the whole ordeal recorded using audiovisual media.
The Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport has already contacted the Personal Data Protection Authority, which found that this provision fully respects personal data, contrary to the problematic provision in his Law 2018 on the Ministry of Chr. Spirtzi.
The use of portable - and not permanent - is now provided in particular- 360o camera, which has a microphone and a special removable memory card,, in which the whole process of the practical test is stored.
The camera clearly shows the entire cabin of the vehicle and the participants in the process.
5. created integrated information system, to support and handle all procedures related to administration, extension and renewal of the driving license. Furthermore, The theoretical examinations will be conducted by a new information system of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport on the basis of a bank of topics and not previously known questions and answers.
6. It is drawn up and observed Register of Practical Examiners of Candidate Drivers, from the Services of the Regions of the country. This Register will be open to all civil servants of category PE and TE. The possibility of inclusion in the Register of Examiners and individuals is also provided.
7. It is drawn up and observed Register of Supervisors, for the control of both theoretical and practical examinations, but also the supervision of examiners. This Register will also include the uniformed personnel of the Greek Police, as well as the staff of the National Transparency Authority.
8. OR training of Examiners and Supervisors, will be done by the National Center for Public Administration and Local Government.
9. provided system of evaluation of the practical examination process, as well as the work of the examiners, by the competent organizational unit of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport. The rating system will be accompanied by a reward and penalty mechanism, which may even lead to exit from the Examiners Register.
10. For the first time there are special provisions that facilitate the examination of Persons with Disabilities. particularly, A special educational manual and a special theoretical examination of persons who have not completed the compulsory education are provided., people with learning disabilities and those who enjoy the status of international protection in our country. Furthermore, A special theoretical examination of deaf and hard of hearing candidates in the Greek sign language is provided, as well as with subtitles.
It is also planned to establish private Centers for Assessment of Ability and Driving Training for people with mobility problems. (respectively with the state centers "INIOCHOS"), so that People with Disabilities do not suffer further, who are legally entitled to a driver's license.
10+1: It is provided to those young men and women who have completed the 17th year of age, to attend theoretical and practical driving lessons in driving schools. Theoretical courses can be certified, before reaching the age of 18, that is, the candidate may have passed the marks before 18. Upon completion of the 18th year of their age, candidates will be eligible, as is currently, to participate in the practical test and to obtain a driving license.
Five settings for historic vehicles
Part B of the bill includes legislation on the registration and circulation of historic vehicles. The main points of the proposal are summarized as follows:
A. Designation of a vehicle as a vehicle of historical interest
Relevant certificate is issued exclusively by bodies that are nominated and / or legally represent the Tax Office in Greece.. or the D.O.M.. or the D.O.P.O.. for vehicles at least 30 years. The upper bouts featured two cutaways, for easier access to the higher frets 5 years certificate of conformity of a vehicle of historical interest.
B. Provision of traffic data (license and special plates)from the Transport and Communications Services of the Regions
Supporting documents submitted: Certificate of designation, Certificate of Conformity, Vehicle technical inspection every year. After the issuance of the special plates, the vehicle is compulsorily deleted from the Register of Vehicle Traffic Licenses of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport and its registration in the Register of Vehicles of Historical Interest of the Ministry. License fee and license plates are paid.
C. Traffic of vehicles of historical interest
They are released under the terms and conditions of the articles 88 and 90 of K.O.K., are compulsorily secured and allowed to circulate in the small ring. Traffic Fees are paid, with the exception of vehicles over 45 years.
D. Fines and penalties
For violations of the KOK, the sanctions provided by the KOK are imposed, while for violations of this law an administrative fine is imposed 500 – 5.000 euros to the Institutions (representatives or nominated by IOA, ΔΟΜ, ΔΟΠΟ) and to vehicle owners and removal of registration details for 6 months.
E. Transitional stage until the implementation of the new framework
All vehicles that have been characterized and meet the requirements of the new framework, retain their characterization, if it is 30 years on the date of application for registration. Those historic vehicles that have not received registration data 18 months after the law was published, prohibited from circulating.