Guardian: Throwing ashtrays from the Greek parliament – Quit smoking after 9 years
Intensify Inspections – What does the circular detail for the anti-smoking law: End to smoking in public places, pROHIBITED…..
Circular on the implementation of anti-smoking legislation sent to the regions of the country and government bodies, Health Minister Vassilis Kikilias.
queries causes, in any case, the provision for banning smoking in vehicles ridden by children under 12 years, without making provision for older children or adults suffering passive smoking in such an enclosed space.
As announced from Aristotelous, aim of the measures is to ensure the Public Health, by preventing the adverse effects of smoking in all public places and public gathering places.
A key element in addition to the necessary public awareness and action is a reminder of the legislation to all stakeholders and the tightening of controls regarding the correct and strict observance of the relevant legal framework.
in circular, attached below, It stated that the measures apply priority:
- In all premises containing offices Public Services, Public Entities, Private entities supervised and subsidized by the State, Organizations and other Institutions (OTE, PPC, ELTA).
- In all Health Service agents, such as: hospitals, private clinics, Health centres, regional Surgeries, municipal Health Clinics, private clinics - dental, pharmacies, other primary care units (PHC).
- All spaces provided training as: schools, Universities, technological Institutions, schools.
- in kindergartens, kindergartens, nurseries, playgrounds.
- Indoors sports conduct, team sports and sports events:
- Enclosed or covered areas of internet service spaces. prohibited, also, smoking:
- All public and private spaces, enclosed or sheltered, used to perform work.
- In health stores, in all kinds of indoor waiting areas.
- airports, excluding the areas specifically designated for smokers.
- In transport stations and passenger ports stations.
- In all kinds of bars.
- In all kinds of public transport, including public passenger cars, with meter (taxi) and market.
Net of tobacco should be all kinds cars, private and public use, when ridden minors under 12 years.
Guardian: End smoking in the Greek parliament after 9 years
Special reference to the application of the law against smoking in parliament and in public places in our country makes the Guardian
"Until recently, Greek MPs had not in any way to light a cigarette in the imposing halls of the Parliament in Athens. The smoking habit was so widespread that a dense fog of cigarette smoke often hovered in the building cafeteria, few meters away from the room where the deputies once voted to ban smoking in all public places, including the Parliament of 300 seats ", says British newspaper.
The entire Circular of the Ministry of Health: "Implementation of the Anti-Smoking Law '