Alarm has meant to the health authorities of our country after the rapid spread of the virus in just one day.………
The coronavirus "shows" the teeth and the health services of the country causing alarm. On Friday evening the spokesman of Health Ministry Sotiris Tsiodras reiterated that "the new coronavirus is an avian behavior and the way they will behave in the community, we are vigilant and take steps'.
Regarding the strategy of the National Public Health Agency, (PHEA), He said it has been approved unanimously by the Committee of Experts and ECDC (European Disease Prevention and Control Center). "The strategy of PHEA, which was in line with the directives of the European Center for Disease Control Prevention, unanimously adopted by the distinguished scientists of the Ministry of Health Experts, and visiting experts, specially invited by the European CDC for this purpose, who are in Athens and cooperate with us ".
The days became the question for this citizen, (the 66chrono, who was recognized as the first outbreak of the tour to the Holy Land), "The traveler, as the group of the, not belonging to suspected cases, because they came from countries that had local transmission of the disease. Simultaneously with us, yesterday, countries such as the US, They are imported cases from countries not listed in the relevant checklists ". It is a worldwide epidemic, said Mr.. Tsiodras and added that the updated list of PHEA, countries and regions considered is sustained transmission of SARS-CoV-2, They include China, Hong Kong, Iran, Italy, Japan, Singapore , South Korea, Israel and Egypt.
Reported that the risk of disease outbreaks by the new coronavirus, it is high, especially those returning from countries where there is transmission of the virus in the community. He reiterated that the main measures that will address this outbreak coming, relating to hygiene measures Hand, coverage cough, coverage sneezing, Our isolation at home when we show symptoms such as fever and cough, so as not to further spread the virus to our fellow men and especially to those who belong to vulnerable groups most at risk: the elderly and people with chronic health problems. Therefore, people who belong to vulnerable groups, You should avoid travel to countries that have outbreaks, in countries which are widespread in the population and all these countries and increase.
The following definition has been drafted based on current epidemiological data and concerns, both in the detection of infections with suspected infection by the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, and in their declaration to PHEA, and – as stated by the Agency – as the epidemic evolves, the definition of an outbreak may be amended.
A patient with acute respiratory infection (sudden onset of disease, with at least one of the following symptoms: cough, fever, breathlessness) and without further explanation that fully explains the clinical picture and history of travel or residence in a country / region, according to the updated list of PHEA, within the past 14 days before the onset of symptoms or.
A patient with any acute respiratory disease and a history of close contact with confirmed or probable COVID-19 in the last case 14 days before the onset of symptoms or
A patient with severe acute respiratory infection (Severe Acute Respiratory Illness) which requires hospitalization and which has not been established other grounds.
Every suspected case should be submitted directly to laboratory testing for the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
Patient declared “suspected case” and subjected to laboratory tests, the result of which, however, is unclear, or positive, but with laboratory method generally detects a virus belonging to the coronavirus family, and not specifically the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
Person with laboratory-confirmed infection with the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, regardless of clinical symptoms and signs.
each suspect, probable or confirmed case should be reported directly to the PHEA through 'crust Declaration Bulletin of the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 ».
As “close contact” defined:
* Person staying in the same house with patient COVID-19
* Atom by direct physical contact with patient COVID-19 (B.C. handshake)
* Atom aprofylakti contact with infectious secretions patient with COVID-19
* Person with face to face contact with patient COVID-19 at a distance <2 measures and >15 minutes
* Stay indoors (B.C. teaching or meeting room, hospital waiting room, etc.) in the distance <2 measures and >15 minutes
* Health professional or other person providing health care worker or handled clinical samples COVID-19 without taking or failure on appropriate personal protective measures
* Fellow traveler on the same aircraft, who sat within two rows spacing positions (before each direction) from the patient with COVID-19, people traveling together or took care of the patient, and crew members that served the specific part of the aircraft where the patient sitting (on existence of severe symptoms or movements of the patient within the aircraft, which may involve more extensive report, passengers who sat in the same section of the aircraft or even all flight passengers can be considered close contacts)