Risks of food poisoning due to summer. What to look for. Tips for proper selection of food consumed outside the home cited by the Hellenic Food Authority……
As emphasized in a statement, j the consumers who visit restaurants or fast-food businesses should be aware of the following instructions:
- choose restaurants apply hygiene measures which are necessary for the protection of food.
- Not consume foods have suspicious color, smell and flavor.
- Always seek the meat is well done.
- Not consume vegetables that are not washed thoroughly.
- Finished sandwiches which were not immediately available after preparation, They must be kept in the refrigerator (temperature 1 ° C- 5° C).
- Finished meals which are served hot, They must be kept at temperatures above 50 ° C.
- Salads conserved in salad bar, they must be kept refrigerated (temperature 1 ° C – 5° C) and be protected from flies, other insects and dust.
- the ice-cream They should have adequate freezer, be hard, not exposed to flies and other insects, and served with clean tools.
- THE round, the meatballs and sausages are roasted.
- the refrigerators with soft drinks and water is not exposed to the sun.
- Ready meals that are not consumed within two oron from the market and not kept in the refrigerator, They must be disposed.
The FSA stresses consumers to be cautious, to assert their rights, and if deception is suspected contact the FSA.
And the entrepreneurs operating in the restaurant business should be aware that they bear the ultimate responsibility for failure to implement legislation, which severely punished, says FSA.