Matina Poulli - Vyrini Biochemist(BSc), Dietitian Nutritionist (MMEDSci)
The nutrients of the summer fruit!!
The watermelon sugar content, reaches 5%.
The reason why watermelon is sweeter taste, due to the fact that sugar is the main ingredient that gives it its flavor.
There is a historical review of the 2.500 B.C. The ancient Egyptians consumed as fruit but also carried it with them as an additional water storage.
How to eat;
- Just as fruit or fruit juice
- in sorbet
- In sweets
- Ice cream sorbet
- Even fried or grilled
Ten reasons to book!!
- The content of sugar and calories is low. Two cups of watermelon, only 80 calories
- It contains large amounts of vitamin C and beta carotene, known for their antioxidant activity
- It contains vitamin A, important for eye health, night vision and anosiopoiitko system
- Contains Vitamin B6, necessary for the proper functioning of the nervous system
- It is rich in potassium, which contributes to the regulation of heart function and blood pressure
- Its seeds contain a substance cucurbocitrin, which helps reduce stress and improves renal function
- It contains large amounts of lycopene, with beneficial effects on the cardiac and vascular system
- The juice causes intense diuresis, purifying the blood and kidneys
- Dietary fibers of, help the colon movements and thus help against constipation
- It is very moisturizing, one containing water against 92%