The Joint Ministerial Decision was published with all the new extraordinary measures for the protection of public health from the risk of further spread of the coronavirus throughout the Territory for the period from today until 6 on the morning of February 8th….
It is recalled that as of today, the Returning Health Safety and Protection Charter, which results in the formation of two levels of health insurance in the country, brings changes in the restrictive measures in force in the country due to the pandemic of Covid-19 infection..
Greece is divided into "yellows" (Level A.- Surveillance) and in "red" (Level B. – Increased Risk) areas depending on the epidemiological burden they carry. They can enter the red level, both local communities and municipalities, as well as municipalities, Regional Units and entire Regions if required by the data.
According to the current data, the measures that are applied horizontally for the whole territory are the following:
- Use of mask indoors and outdoors
- 24hour traffic restriction using SMS to 13033 for six reasons only
- Prohibition of movement between Regional Units
- Prohibition of private gatherings
- Work with the least possible staff (alternately, teleworking) in the private and public sector
- Distance education in Higher Education Institutions
- Kindergartens are open, Primary schools and all Special Education schools at all levels
- Functioning of Supreme Courts and Special Courts
- Super League operation 1 & 2, Basket League, Volleyball League
As stressed during the briefing on the course of the coronavirus pandemic, most of the country has a good epidemiological picture, resulting in being at level A.’ – surveillance (yellow areas).
coronavirus: The measures at level A.
- Traffic ban by 21:00 until 05:00
- Lifelong operation of secondary education (exercises – High Schools) from February 1st
- Retail operation, of hairdressers, of barbershops, of beauty salons, as well as diet services, services of dietary units with the exception of exercise, personal hygiene and body care services, but also of KTEO with 1 person per 25 sq.m.
- Perform operations in the presence of up to 25 people inside temples and up to 50 of people in metropolitan churches
- Reopening of OPAP agencies (no OPAP PLAY) from February 1st
coronavirus: The areas included in level B’ – What measures apply
Regarding level B’ – increased risk, this includes areas with an increased epidemiological burden, that is, the "red" areas.
The "Red" areas are as follows:
- East Attica
- Northern Sector of Athens
- West Attica
- Western Sector of Athens
- Central Sector of Athens
- Southern Sector of Athens
- EE. Piraeus
- Municipality of Patras
- Municipality of Thebes
- Municipality of Tanagra
- Municipality of Chalkida
- Roma Settlement of the Municipality of Kymi-Aliveri
- Municipality of Thira
- Municipality of Mykonos
- Municipality of Eordea
- Municipality of Sparta
- Municipality of Nea Propontida
In these areas from today until 8 The following measures apply in February:
- Traffic ban in these areas from 6 in the afternoon until 5 in the morning, with the exception of Attica where the ban applies from 21:00 until 05:00. It is pointed out, however, that in the Municipalities of Acharnes and Aspropyrgos the traffic ban remains from 18:00 until 05:00.
- Live operation of Gymnasiums from 01/02/2021
- Distance education for Lyceums
- Places of Worship: Performing services in places of worship with a ceiling of 9 people
- Retail operation with the click away method and operation of clothing stores, footwear, bookstores, hairdressers and personal care shops with a pre-arranged appointment (click-in-a-shop) and with 1 person per 25 sq.m.
- The shops are closed on Sundays
The JMC with the emergency measures for the coronavirus that will be valid until 8/2/2021