Kolotourou Maria, clinical Dietitian – nutritionist, MSc
The fasting of Lent begins and many face the problem of monotony due to the exclusion of animal foods in the diet…….
A very good solution are the salads with imaginative food combinations that fill the body with energy and variety of nutrients.
some materials for the pantry and your refrigerator:
- Seafood (boiled or roasted shrimp, squid, octopus)
- Legumes (lentils, black Eyed Peas)
- Macaroni in various designs
- Potatoes (boiled or roasted)
- Nuts (walnuts, almonds, Sesame, linseed, Pine)
- Dried fruit (raisins, plums, apricots)
- olives, hummus
- Green leafy vegetables (lettuce, rocket, spinach, parsley, beets)
- Boiled vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkins, carrots)
- colorful vegetables (tomatoes, Cherry tomatoes, carrots, colored peppers, eggplant, mushrooms, onion)
- Aromatic plants and herbs (royal, Dill, parsley, thyme, rosemary)
- Olive oil, mustard, vinegar (simple or balsamic), lemon.
Combine the above ingredients to make:
- Seafood salad with green leafy vegetables and lemon
- Potato salad with various vegetables and mustard sauce
- Fakosalata or salad with black-eyed beans
- Makaronosalata a variety of vegetables
- Pligourosalata with parsley, tomatoes and colorful peppers
- Grilled vegetables with hummus or tapenade
Enrich salads with nuts, olives, dried fruit, aromatic herbs, ground pepper or other spices and dare to combine various vegetables. You will be surprised by the equally tasty and nutritious result!!