Restrictions on domestic flights extend until Monday 12 April, only essential movements of passengers are allowed, while for international flights the restrictions continue until Monday 19 April, according to a new announcement from the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)………..
Especially for air travel, according to the new Covid-19 notams, the following applies:
– Inbound flights: Extended until Monday 12 April 2021 and time 6:00 the aviation directive (Covid-19 brand) concerning domestic flights (regular passenger services, general aviation and business routes – domestic flights, commercial and general/business aviation).
Notam provides that only substantial domestic travel is permitted at all airports in the country (Essential Travel) including a health trip, for professionals – business purposes, for objective family reasons (family reunification) and for return to permanent residence.
– Prohibition of entry to Greece of third country nationals, except for the countries of the European Union and the Schengen Agreement: Η note, which will be valid until 19-4-21 as well as all the following overseas flight instructions, provides for a ban on entry into the country of third-country nationals, except for the countries of the European Union and the Schengen Agreement.
Passengers traveling for essential reasons are excluded from the air directive (essential reasons) and permanent residents of the following ten countries: United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand, Rwanda, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Russia and Israel.
– Seven days quarantine on all arrivals from abroad: All passengers entering our country from any foreign country, including the Member States of the European Union, subject to mandatory precautionary restriction cat’ house or place of temporary residence declared on the PLF form, for seven days, unless they remain in Greece for a shorter period of time, whereupon the temporary restriction is valid for this period of time, that is, until their departure.
To international passengers, in addition to, a sampling check will be made upon their arrival, based on the procedure provided by the Passenger Locator Form. In case the tests find a positive passenger, the quarantine will apply to 14 days.
– All vaccinated Israeli passengers will enter Greece without quarantine: The aviation directive stipulates that passengers enter Greece from Israel (permanent residents) is also allowed in case of completion of the vaccination for COVID-19 coronavirus and presentation of a vaccination certificate by them, in the English language, which has been issued by a public Authority under the following conditions:
a) Of the passage 14 days after the completion of their vaccination,
b) of their negative diagnosis after laboratory test for COVID coronavirus- 19 by the PCR method performed by obtaining an oropharyngeal or nasopharyngeal smear within the latter 72 hours before their arrival in Greece.
Immigrants from Israel who have a vaccination certificate are exempt from the mandatory seven-day precautionary restriction applicable to all other immigrants from abroad who have not been vaccinated..
– International arrivals only with negative test 72 hours: Notam predicts that all passengers on international flights will enter our country only with a negative PCR test Covid-19, which will have been conducted by 72 hours before their arrival. Recall, that the passengers will be subjected to a sampling test upon their entry into the Greek territory on the basis of the PLF.
– Mandatory rapid arrival test for all passengers from UAE and United Kingdom: In addition to all other measures, a mandatory rapid test is required on arrival for all passengers from the United Arab Emirates as well as from the United Kingdom.
* United Kingdom: Seven-day quarantine and new PCR test to remove it: Especially for incoming passengers from the United Kingdom, in order to get out of quarantine, will have to undergo a new PCR test when the seven-day period is completed.
– Mandatory completion Passenger Locator Form: The notam provides for the mandatory completion of the form, at the email address travel.gov.gr, from all passengers of international flights to Greece. also, It is obligatory to fill in the PLF form for the passengers of foreign flights who are permanent residents of Greece and depart from the airports of our country.
– Upper limit 4.000 travelers from Russia: Especially for Russia (permanent residents), the following restrictions remain: Arrivals only at Athens airports, Thessaloniki and Heraklion and maximum entrance to Greece 4.000 passengers per week.
Exceptions to pre-existing notams apply to all airline instructions.