He voted in the House of Parliament the Draft Law of the Ministry of Tourism
"Thematic tourism - Special forms of tourism - Settings for the modernization of the institutional framework in the tourism industry and tourism education - support tourism entrepreneurship and other provisions"…….
He voted in the House of Parliament the Draft Law of the Ministry of Tourism: "Thematic tourism - Special forms of tourism - Settings for the modernization of the institutional framework in the tourism industry and tourism education - support tourism entrepreneurship and other provisions".
With the passing of the draft law submitted by the Minister of Tourism, Mrs. Elena Kountoura, first introduced in national legislation a comprehensive institutional framework for development, the organization and supervision of professional activities and entrepreneurship in thematic tourism.
The new innovative framework for thematic tourism is the result of broad consultation of the Minister of Tourism to all the actors of the Greek tourism.
Received the acceptance of the whole industry, as it covers fixed demands and modern needs, and strengthens the competitive position of Greece in the demanding, constantly evolving, global tourism market.
It opens new horizons in the development of tourism in the country and contribute to achieving the strategic objective of the national tourism policy for tourism 365 days a year, highlighting the authentic travel experiences, offered by Greece and become the mainstream of world tourism.
Including, with the provisions introduced, succeeds:
- improving the quality of the tourism product and boost business.
- linking tourism with the primary sector, the food industry and processing, encouraging synergies between different sectors of the economy and
- dynamic integration of local products in the broader tourism chain.
boost employment by creating new jobs and new professional activities and the expansion of the object in all thematic tourism products
- attracting new investment and achieving funding from national and European funds and co-financed programs (NSRF, NDP kg), codifying and simplifying cumbersome and bureaucratic licensing procedures.
the more dynamic promotion of new Greek destinations to achieve a more balanced distribution of tourists throughout the country and throughout the year.
In the first part of the thematic tourism:
- out any special forms of tourism
- New fields are created for the development of entrepreneurship in the thematic tourism products.
- established certification standards and safety rules,
- important regulations introduced for all businesses operating in the tourism theme.
Alongside, arrangements were introduced for the modernization of the existing institutional framework in the tourism sector, and in order to optimize the operation of the domestic tourism market in which:
- procedures simplified,with which the industry operates and develops the domestic business and investment environment.
- eliminate obsolete regulations in the general terms and conditions of hotels Licensing, tourism businesses and the wider
- activities governed by tourism legislation.
- adjust the prepaid package made by travel agencies.
- addressed legislative and administrative gaps, and operational problems relating to specific tourist infrastructure
- Improve the effectiveness of administrative services tourism, responsible for licensing, supervision and control of tourism businesses.