Seven + ONE SOS points for hundreds of thousands of owners who are invited to declare to the municipalities the real surfaces of their properties on an electronic platform of the Central Union of Greek Municipalities (KEDE), in order to get rid of retroactive charges of municipal fees and Real Estate Fee (TAP) were highlighted during an online seminar organized yesterday by the Panhellenic Federation of Real Estate Owners (POMIDA)………..
In the seminar, which was coordinated by the president of POMIDA Stratos Paradias and in which the reputable tax experts participated, Messrs. Ant. Mouzakis, Or. Seimenis and I.. Laiakis, The government is preparing to announce a new extension to the deadline for submitting declarations of voluntary disclosure of the actual square meters of real estate in the municipalities..
The following points and problems of the regulation for the undeclared squares were particularly emphasized, which property owners should pay attention to:
- The electronic platform of KEDE must state additional differences of square meters so that the declared areas of the properties in the municipalities are in full agreement with the areas that have been declared in the E9 of the tax office. particularly, must be declared:
* differences of surfaces that did not appear declared in the municipalities due to submission of incorrect or inaccurate statements,
* additional surfaces resulting from arbitrary arrangements,
* surfaces of entire properties never declared in the past.
2 . Surfaces of all kinds of buildings must be declared on the KEDE platform, either legal or arbitrary or even unregulated or legalized, inside or outside the plan. Real estate must be declared, namely, in their true state.
3. Owners who own auxiliary spaces in apartment buildings, such as underground garages or warehouses that are powered by shared clocks, now have the opportunity to declare these spaces on the electronic platform of KEDE as electrified. However, with regard to the Real Estate Tax, they should pay special attention to the following: Many municipalities charge TAP to the owners for these spaces as well, as if they are not counted in the public utilities and are powered by the owners' watches and not by the shared clocks, so as not to lose revenue (common areas are charged only with municipal fees and not with TAP).
In order to avoid any problems in case of future transfer of such properties and the charges have already been made correctly until then so that no arrears of TAP to the municipality arise afterwards., It is suggested that these spaces be declared as electrified by the mains supply numbers and not by the supply numbers of the shared electricity meters..
However, if these spaces are clearly counted for the common users for whom only municipal fees are due and not TAP, then they must be declared as power supplied by the shared clock.
4. Owners who have changed use in their properties, B.C. from a professional home to a residence or vice versa, cannot declare this change on the KEDE platform. In order to do so, they will have to come to the municipalities in person. Especially the owners whose properties have changed use, from professional housing to residence, must definitely declare this change in the municipalities by coming to the competent services with all the required supporting documents, as the municipal fees charged with business premises are in most cases four or even five times the municipal fees applicable to residences..
5. Any change of right on the property, B.C. from full ownership to usufruct, cannot be declared on the electronic platform of KEDE.
6. Fines for non-declaration to the municipalities of electrified real estate surfaces are exorbitant. Regarding the TAP, Failure to declare a surface for a period of five years entails the imposition of a fine which may reach 200% of the corresponding TP. while in terms of municipal fees, the fine may reach 100% of the corresponding amount.
consequently, Owners who submit to their municipalities statements of voluntary disclosure of the actual surfaces of their properties will escape payment of all these exorbitant fines, as it will be enough to pay only the additional amounts of municipal fees and TAP corresponding to the additional sq.m.. and only for periods from 1-1-2020 onwards (not retroactively for five years 2015-2019 or for the decade 2010-2019).
7. For buildings whose electricity was cut off at any time in the past, their inclusion in the regulation, through their statement on the KEDE platform, will result in the exemption of their owners from municipal taxes and municipal fees for the additional square meters that will be declared both for the period until 31st-12-2019 and after this date and until their re-electrification.. The only burden that can not be exempt is the End Property (TAP), which will be required to pay retroactively for the duration of power interruption.
8 Για τους ιδιοκτήτες ουδέποτε ηλεκτροδοτηθέντων κτισμάτων οι οποίοι θα τα δηλώσουν για πρώτη φορά στους δήμους, μέσω της πλατφόρμας της ΚΕΔΕ, ισχύει πλήρης απαλλαγή από όλους τους δημοτικούς φόρους και τα δημοτικά τέλη μέχρι την 31η-12-2019, ενώ από την 1η-1-2020 θα πρέπει να πληρώνουν μόνο ΤΑΠ.
From the print edition of “Ελευύθερου Τύπου”