The recall of unsafe packaged ice from the market was announced by the Unified Food Control Agency…..
Specifically, EFET sampled the product "Ice cubes packed GOLD ICE", in a sealed plastic package 5 kg, with a production date 24-09-2020 and expiration date 24-10-2021.
The product is produced by the company TSERTSENES GEO. ΕΥΑΓΓΕΛΟΣ, ΑΣΙΣΡΟΣ (MUNICIPALITY OF LAGGADA) THESSALONIKIS and is distributed by the company PAPAZOGLOU DIM. ZENOBIA, Paralimnio area of Serres.
The laboratory tests revealed that the legal limits for the parametric values of total coliforms and E.Coli were exceeded.. The above sample was characterized as abnormal, unsafe.
EFET demanded the immediate revocation of all the specific batch of this product and the relevant audits are already underway.. At the same time it invites consumers, who have already procured the above product, not to consume.
What are the health risks and what are the symptoms
The presence of these bacteria indicates that different pathogens can enter the water supply in the same way if no action is taken. Drinking water should not contain coliform bacteria.
Symptoms appear when E. coli. enters the intestine. The interval between infection and onset of symptoms is usually 24-72 hours.
1. Intestinal distension, with airplanes (increased amount of air in the intestine) and abdominal pain, usually colic-like in nature, in some cases accompanied by gastric cramps
2. Diarrhea that is sudden and intense (in some cases bloody or mucosal, with the latter two having a more serious prognosis)
3. Fever (which can range from decimal to very high)
4. Anorexia or decreased appetite for food and fluids, payment and exhaustion of the patient
5. Nausea and Vomiting (which in some cases, along with diarrhea, can lead the patient to severe electrolyte disturbances and dehydration).
When E. coli causes serious problems in the blood or kidneys, symptoms include:
- Pale skin
- Small amount of urine