The mapping of the islands that will participate in the ERASMUS + SPORT program entitled «MADE: Sports Ambassadors for Rural Areas». EAS SEGAS CYCLADES, as the only partner for Greece thanks the people who responded to…….. his call for mapping to the islands: Man's, Amorgos, Anafi, Virus, Kea, Kimolos, Naxos, Serifos, Sifnos and Folegandros.
The program concerns the promotion of rural sports in disadvantaged areas, as it is for Greece the small islands of the Cyclades as well as the mountainous areas of medium and larger islands. It is implemented in cooperation with sports organizations from Hungary, Slovakia and Spain, with disadvantaged areas that have different characteristics.
Individual goals of the program are :
- to gather and systematize knowledge for the planning of sports events in the countryside regarding the creation of route and location (collection of good practices, quality indicators and a common European methodology for organizing sports activities and rural events
- to transfer this knowledge to less favored areas, assisting in planning and resources to organize sporting events, training people as Ambassadors of Sports in the Cyclades
- to create together with the Ambassador / Ambassador of Sports in each island an Action Plan for the annual future sports activities on the island.
The program itself as well as the auspices of EAS SEGAS Cyclades ensure the promotion of each island that will participate with:
- networking in a pan-European network of sites with significant sites of environmental and cultural interest, where sports activities will be organized
- the promotion of rural sports tourism
- the extension of the tourist season through future sports activities
So we make its disadvantage small- insularity to an advantage!