An ordinary citizen would describe him as a "carousel without end", who monitors the charges and the search for responsibility, the serious problem caused at the Apollo Theater,due to water leakage, resulting in flooding and significant further damage to its interior………..
About the immoral attacks on the previous administration and indirectly on me,which have become public in recent days, accusing me of oligarchy over the problems of the Apollo Theater,I feel obliged to inform our citizens about the actions we have taken together with the previous Culture Committee and the officials of the Culture Office, which the current Deputy Mayor deconstructed and did not defend at the right time,indicating others today as the culprits for the problems of Theater and Culture in general:
- Its design APOLLO THEATER MANAGEMENT REGULATION, which we successfully completed after processes of an entire year and which was voted unanimously by the Municipal Council,contributes decisively to the protection of the Theater,as there are now rules and conditions for its proper use and operation.
- OR purchase and installation of a fire curtainon the stage of our historic Apollo Theater,costs000 euro, contributed decisively to the protection of the Theater itself, as well as spectators – visitors from any fire.
- The total replacement of lamps - electrical panels - electrical installation significantly reduced the operating costs of the Apollo Theater, while every year there was a systematic repainting of its interior during the month of November.
- Another of our goals was to secure CERTIFICATE PYROPROPOSITYfor the Apollo Theater, which was achieved after our successive efforts and interventions within it, in collaboration with the instructions of the Fire Service.
- Subsequently we upgraded his equipment, with an amount above 000 euro, for the purchase of digital console audio and lighting, to restart the security lights, etc..
- Ensuring height sponsorship 000 euro, at your request,for the maintenance and painting of the doors of the Apollo Theater The year 2017.
- Ensuring height sponsorship 000 euro, for the exterior repainting of the Theater, which we carried out within twenty days of the year 2019.
- We repaired unused spaces in the courtyard of the Theater, thus creating further storage space.
- We created access for the disabled and entrance from the back of the Theater, and parking space for the disablednear the Theater.
- We created file with form & digital material, which concerns the Apollo Theater, in order to record our cultural heritage and use it in the future.
- In collaboration with DEYAS, we proceeded to carry out a project,eliminating the serious problem of water leakage in heavy rainfall, with relative intervention - replacement of pipes internally and externally and with a series of other actions that were done from time to time inside it.
- We maintained all the exhibits which had been badly damaged by time and humidity at the Theater Museum, together with a professional art conservator.
- We strengthened the Apollo Theater with staff- which according to the legislation is required to have - specifically with Electrical Engineer PE,who controlled the Theater in various fields and which was removed last February without being replaced.
- We created one elegant display form of the Theaterfor Greece and abroad, translated three languages.
These are just some of the things that have been done in the last four years (4) years for the Apollo Theater. For what oligarchy I am accused by the current Municipal Authority, when he had identified the problem since September 2019 - based on the statements of the responsible Deputy Mayor - as a result of which the Theater is flooded in May 2020, that is, eight (8) whole months after the problem has been identified;And to this day,after my visit to the Theater,its carpets remain wet inside causing further damage, humidity and odor in the historic area;
The excuse for why the Municipal Authority did not proceed immediately with the treatment of the problem was that it did not have an approved financial budget.! At this point, It is worth mentioning that while last November the Theater closed for a month,in order to carry out work, without restoring the problem that had been identified, the competent Deputy Mayor in December requested a sponsorship for the purchase of a Christmas Tree of our Municipality of value 15.000 euro (!), essentially looking at the "look" and not the substance.
What oligarchy does the competent Deputy Mayor accuse us of?,when after nine (9) months of taking up her duties, she has not bothered to print the elegant printed material of our Theater for the visitors and the exhibitions that our Municipality participates in., leaving the Theater for the first time without its screening forms;
End, We need to let those in the public know that the problems are there, exist and will continue to exist. Problems are our only enemies. If some people want to see enemies and look at yesterday, this is their choice. This is our big difference!Personally, I never blamed my predecessor for what I received, because I was just looking ahead, respecting myself first and foremost, himself and his efforts, maintaining an excellent relationship and an excellent political level.
Let Mrs. Leontariti finally recognize the work that has been done in Culture and let her take on her responsibilities., first of all respecting her political status and the place!