To 2030 the map of electrical connections is completed
Height investments 4,3 billion. IPTO plans for the period 2021-2030 with the aim of gradually connecting all the islands of the country to the continental system, ensuring reliable, cheaper and greener electricity……….
In a teleconference held today, the Administrator presented to the leadership of the Ministry of Environment and Energy the main parameters of its investment program and the timetables for the implementation of the individual interconnections.. Furthermore, The ongoing projects and how they may be affected by the corona crisis were reviewed. IPTO's management assured RIS that the effects are, currently, very limited and in any case there is a possibility for the Administrator to undertake with his own crews the implementation of sections of overhead lines that may be delayed due to the pandemic..
In the Ten-Year Development Program 2021-2030, which was submitted for approval to RAE, IPTO incorporates comments from energy market players and makes adjustments aimed at changing the country's energy mix faster and more efficiently as a result of demilitarization. In total, will be added to the existing Transport System 5.000 new kilometers of electrical connections, most of which will be underwater.
The first phase of the investment program, which is completed 2024, includes projects 1,6 billion. euro. particularly, the major projects that will complete the map of the country's electrical connections over a decade, are the following:
• Crete-Peloponnese interconnection: The play, height 350 million. euro, completed within it 2020 with the co-financing of Greece and the EU.
• Crete-Attica interconnection: The period 2021-2024 investments for the project - which will be included in the NSRF- they will arrive 781 million. euro with the aim of completing the interconnection 2023. Together with the department that will implement it 2020, the total budget is 1 billion. euro.
• Cyclades interconnection: In the interconnected islands of the Cyclades (Syros-Paros-Mykonos- Andros-Tinos), will be added inside in the 2020 Naxos. The last phase, budget 389 million. euro, will be completed 2023-2024 with the islands Serifos-Milos-Folegandros-Santorini. The overall project is co-financed by European and national resources.
• System Extension 400 kV in the Peloponnese: The High Voltage System is expanding in the Peloponnese giving further scope for the penetration of RES in the southern system of the country with a total budget 90 million. and completion by 2024. The first part of the project (Megalopolis-Corinth and KYT Corinth) will be completed 2021.
• Interconnection of the Dodecanese: The Dodecanese complex (Kos-Rhodes-Karpathos) will be interconnected with the mainland system until 2027 with a total budget 1,5 billion. euro.
• Interconnection of the NE Aegean: The map of interconnections in the Aegean will be completed 2029 with the islands of the Northeast Aegean and Skyros. This project, totaling 885 million. euro, includes Skyros-Lesvos-Lemnos-Chios-Samos interconnections with Evia to the west, Thrace to the north and Kos to the south.
Environment and Energy Minister, K. Kostis Hatzidakis stated about it: "The interconnections of our islands are a positive message for the environment, as our islands will be free of the fumes of power plants. At the same time, however, it will be a positive message for consumers throughout Greece, as they will be largely exempt from the hundreds of millions of euros they pay each year to Public Utilities, with which the consumer subsidizes to date the production of electricity in the islands. The construction of the projects themselves, besides, It is also the support of entire sectors of the Greek economy, who with the coronation crisis need even more support. ".
The Deputy Minister of Environment and Energy, Mr.. Gerasimos Thomas said: "It is necessary for the Administrator to constantly adapt his investment program based on the National Energy and Climate Plan. (CVTS) and the course of its implementation, as network development is key to the energy transformation we are promoting and achieving the goals of the EU Green Agreement. The proper implementation of the large IPTO projects is a catalyst for a series of investments throughout the energy sector.. We expect the projects that will shield the energy security of Crete as well as those that will remove the saturation of the Network to run without delays., as l.ch. in the Peloponnese and Western Greece, allowing the development of more RES. Alongside, energy transformation presupposes - beyond infrastructure- and the smooth operation of the energy market, where IPTO has a significant responsibility for the implementation and operation of TargetModel ".
The President and CEO of IPTO, K. Manos Manoussakis, stated: "IPTO is implementing a 10-year marathon investment plan. Our main concern is that our projects continue to be implemented on schedule and, where possible, even earlier. In the unfavorable situation we are experiencing today due to the pandemic, the Administrator makes every effort to ensure that the implementation of the connections continues smoothly. Until today, We have achieved this for all our important projects that are either under construction or under contract. ".