See detail changes brings the new Criminal Code traffic offenses, as published and effective from 1 July…….
fatigue, drugs and speeding, are the most common causes of accidents mainly by truck drivers, coaches and company cars.
the traffic incidents are many years, the first cause of death regarding accidents in industrialized countries.
The new law aims to create a new drivers driving behavior, because the consequences are serious.
THE new Penal Code– N 4619/2019 (Government Gazette 95/11.6.2019) in the Article 290A “dangerous driving“ [p. 40 law's listed below], passed by the Greek Parliament in the beginning of month effect from 1 July, virtually eliminates the Criminal Code in force from 1 January 1951.
Made the radical restructuring of the system of penalties, removing outdated provisions, the removal of faults, and rationalization of economic crimes.
So under the new Code of anyone who drives a vehicle:
- having amount of alcohol consumed or
- having used drugs or substances
- physically and mentally exhausted, or
- drives a vehicle on national or regional roads conversely in the stream the respective direction,
- leads on footpaths, sidewalks or squares,
- if you drive a vehicle that is technically unsafe,
- if you drive a vehicle loaded with unsafe way, albeit not punishable under severe penalties to other provisions- with imprisonment up to three years or a fine if the act was common risk in foreign things.
- with imprisonment of at least one year if the act was a risk for humans,
- with imprisonment up to ten years if the operation has resulted in heavy physical damage human,
- with imprisonment of at least ten years if it resulted in the death of another man.
- If death was caused large numbers of people, the court may impose life imprisonment.
- End, leading hazardous recklessly and the operation of this was common risk foreign things or human, shall be punished with imprisonment up to two years or fine.
see GG Law No.No.. 4620 – “Κύρωση του Κώδικα Ποινικής Δικονομίας” in the Article 290A – “dangerous driving” page 40