The filling varies throughout the year, depending on the greens and grasses that are available. In winter and spring, the place is full of herbs and spices. Where the greens are drying up in summer, with hot. housewives usually precaution freeze sauteed winter greens to have available when needed.
For the filling
- ½ kg spinach
- 1 bunch of fennel
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons leek (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Materials for the sheet
- 500 g. white flour
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup, about, lukewarm water
- a pinch of salt
- oil for frying
- Wash well, Drain and finely chop the spinach and fennel.
- Saute with olive oil the onions for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour spinach, fennel, two cups of water and braise for 45, about, minutes.
- Once absorbed all the liquid, add salt and pepper and just cool greens put them in a colander to drain their oil.
- Prepare the dough sheet and let 20 minutes.
- Then we open the sheet and cut discs 8 from.
- In each such disk place a small amount of greens, Fold and close with care, pressing with a clean fork tips and creating small crescents.
- Fry pies in plenty of hot oil on both sides, µέχρι να ροδοκοκκινίσουν καλά. Τις σερβίρουµε ελαφρά ζεστές ή κρύες σε θερµοκρασία δωµατίου.